An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
Due to the closure of public Masses, we hope to share video of the private Masses for anyone who wishes to view them. This is the Mass for March 16, 2020
In response to the ongoing coronavirus crisis, Springfield Bishop Mitchell T. Rozanski has issued the following directives regarding parishes and Catholic schools throughout the Diocese of Springfield:
COVID-19 Updated Diocesan Directives
Based on the current situation as well as the statements made today by Gov. Baker and the president, Bishop Mitchell Rozanski has issued these updated directives:
1) All Masses and other activities are suspended in all parishes until further notice. I would strongly urge parishioners to view our televised Mass, the “Chalice of Salvation,” which airs in Berkshire County at 6 a.m. Sunday on WXXA, Fox23 Albany; and elsewhere on WWLP-22News Sunday morning at 10 a.m. And there will be two livestreamed Masses, Saturday at 4 p.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m., via a link at Www.stagnescc.com.
2) The only exception for parish-based activities would be Take & Eat programs, which may continue at the discretion of the pastor.
3) All pastoral in-home and nursing home visits are to be discontinued unless the individual is in critical condition.
4) Catholic schools will close for two weeks.
5) In light of these circumstances, the planned ACA (Annual Catholic Appeal) In-Pew Commitment Weekend will be rescheduled to weekend of April 18/19 2020.
6) Working with risk management and environmental consultants, we are developing a comprehensive response plan to help guide us in the coming days, weeks and months.
IMPORTANT EDITOR’S NOTE: In light of the directives noted above, Bishop Rozanski has excused all Catholics of the obligation to attend Mass as long as these measures are in effect.
Religious Education classes will not meet on Sunday, March 15th or Sunday, March 22nd.