40 Days for Life
In honor of the 40 Days for Life, you are invited to join Fr. David Aufiero and fellow Holy Name parishioners for prayer at “Planned Parenthood”, 3550 Main Street in Springfield, on Wednesday, October 21st at 1:00p.m. Please meet at the Wason Avenue entrance of the building.
Registrations for Religious Education are currently being accepted. While we are not meeting in person yet, we are requesting that you still register your child for religious education. Online and remote learning will be available and we will meet again in person as soon as it is safe to do so. If your child is eligible to receive a sacrament this upcoming spring, it is important that you still register so we will be able to keep you updated with classes, information and sacrament dates.” For grades K-10, email Claudine Bouchard at email@example.com or call 733-5823, ext. 123. For Confirmation registration, email Mary Lu Irvine at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
SURVEY ON THE RESPONSE TO SEXUAL ABUSE
The Independent Task Force on the Response to Sexual Abuse within the Diocese of Springfield is inviting you to participate in a brief online survey of how you perceive the diocese’s response to allegations of clergy sexual abuse in the past.
A link to the survey can be found at diospringfield.org and will be available from Thursday, Oct. 8 through Monday Oct. 19.
Your valuable feedback will be used to help inform the development of a strategic plan with specific steps for improvement in the following areas:
- Acknowledging the trauma of sexual abuse on members of our community and ensuring the allocation of resources needed to promote healing of survivors and the faith community;
- Responding to all allegations of sexual abuse in our church community in a timely, compassionate and fair way;
- Ensuring the diocese has a transparent system of protocols and procedures that guarantee respect and due process for all involved;
- Ensuring that local church leadership is held responsible and accountable for failing to protect children and other vulnerable persons;
- Holding those who have been credibly accused of sexual abuse responsible and accountable; and
- Preventing sexual abuse of anyone in our faith communities in the future.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Safe Environment and Victim Assistance at (413) 452-0624 or at email@example.com.
This weekend (October 3-4) is the special collection for The Catholic Mirror, which can be put into the Special Collection box next to the red collection box. The costs are shared by the Parish and the Diocese, and we appreciate your support. If you are not currently receiving this magazine and would like to, contact Ann at the rectory, 733-5823 or Catholic Communications, 732-3175.
“Registrations for Religious Education”
are currently being accepted. While we are not meeting in person yet, we are requesting that you still register your child for religious education. Online and remote learning will be available and we will meet again in person as soon as it is safe to do so. If your child is eligible to receive a sacrament this upcoming spring, it is important that you still register so we will be able to keep you updated with classes, information and sacrament dates.”
Are you interested in becoming Catholic, or already a Catholic who wishes to receive the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist? THEN RCIA IS FOR YOU! If you are interested, please call the rectory (733-5823) to register.